Last August 2016, we were trying to find out where to go next and we were torn between going to Vietnam and Cambodia but upon checking that the air ticket was cheap, we decided to go to Phnom Penh.
Be prepared to have USD when you travel to Cambodia as almost all of them accept this currency over Cambodian Riels.
Below are some of the details of our travel which you might find useful.
Air ticket for 2 – S$ 427.84 (Php 15,188.32) – no check-in, via Jetstar
Hotel- Mito Hotel – 2 nights – S$75.18 (Php 2,668.89)
1. Staff is courteous and friendly.
2. They will even give you welcome drinks and bring your luggage to your room.
3. Before leaving the hotel, they will keep reminding you to take care of your belongings as it might get snatched.
4. The room is cozy.
5. Free breakfast is delicious.
6. Inside the hotel, you’ll find a massage parlor (Happy Foot massage) and restaurant (M cafe).
7. Outside there are tuktuks… just negotiate the price with the driver.
8. They have a taxi pick up service (15 USD)
9. The location is near Central market and Royal Palace
This is a great place for you to visit if you want to know the history of the S21 and Khmer Rouge. I would suggest that you take the audio tour so that you understand it better. There, you’ll see the photos of the victims, and they were identified not by their names, but by numbers. You’ll also see the victims’ skulls there.
Before you leave the place, you can see the 2 survivors detailing how they were tortured. I just felt sad for them…